Managing a building is now more demanding and time consuming than ever before. In addition to the normal tasks of maintenance and running the service charge accounts landlords/freeholders today are responsible for complying with a myriad of statutory and health and safety regulations. Often in self managed blocks the burden and responsibility falls on just one or two residents who receive little appreciation for their efforts. Effective management of a block of flats or housing development takes time, organisational care and knowledge of the impact of legislation and other statutory requirements.
For a competitive fee Sullivan Mitchell Management will protect your investment by ensuring the building is properly maintained, insured and complies with administrative, financial and legal obligations.
We are equally happy to work with lessees associations and Right to Manage companies where lessees have exercised their Right to Management.
Our management services include:
- Day to day management
- Ground rent, insurance & service charge collection
- Preparation of service charge budgets and financial forecasts in consultation with lessees appointed representatives/Directors of RTM companies
- Property inspections
- Arranging minor repairs or major works as required
- Section 20 statutory consultation procedures
- Serving Section Section 146 notices
- Organising maintenance contracts for routine maintenance
- Responding to solicitors’ request for leasehold information; dealing with assignments and notices
- Dealing with insurance policies and handling claims
- Organising Fire Risk Assessments & Asbestos surveys where required
- Preparation of service charge accounts
- Attending and chairing if required leaseholder meetings and taking Minutes
- Fulfilling the roles of Company Secretary and registered office
Leasehold Advisory Service: www.lease-advice.org
Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors: www.rics.org